New paintings for a new year!

Hello all!  I hope everyone had a wonderful new year.  Mine has been quite productive so far.  Over the holiday weekend, I started excavating and organizing my studio, gessoed two wood panels for new owl paintings, finished two new paintings and worked up sketches for two future paintings! 

Instead of making resolutions, the past three years I've chosen a word of the year.  It's worked much better than resolutions ever did.  It's amazing when you look back at the end of the year and realize just how much that word affected the year.  This year the word I felt called to choose was "Expand."  And I'm already expanding!  I'm looking into prints and may get samples done soon.  This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time.  So I'm busy educating myself about this subject and hope that prints will be available later in the year!

I also opened up a new store - in addition to my ArtFire store - that will feature my paintings only.  I will still list some paintings on ArtFire, along with the note cards, etc.  But I'm exciting to branch out and to have my artwork available at http://jb.boundlessgallery.com/.  Right now I have three paintings there.  Two of them are the new ones I created this weekend.  Here's a sneak peek at them:



Silvery Blue Flowers
2009





Purple and Blue Flower
2010

I also listed a new note card in my shop.  It features the painting that I use as my avatar and ArtFire shop banner called The Odd Couple:





I'm really looking forward to this year and to the fresh, new start.  I'm excited about what life will bring and I hope that it brings all of you much happiness and many wishes come true!  I hope to start a new painting tomorrow.  As soon as possible, I'll post some pictures and update you on the progress. :) 

In the meantime, if you'd like to keep updated on the new items I post to both shops and any sales and promotions, please visit my fan page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/quirkydamedesigns.  I will be doing a drawing for my fans for a free set of seven note cards on Wednesday.  I'm excited to see who will win!

0 comments:

join the mailing list

Quirky Dame Designs's Fan Box

Followers

Networked Blogs

My Art Fire Shop

My Blog List