So many projects, so little time!

So I’ve been spending my time working on a few different things.  Thought I’d take a moment to post a little update on each one…

Cat portrait update

First, the cat portrait.  I’ve made slow progress on this.  I’m posting a picture of mainly the cat, as that is what I’ve focused on.  I’m thrilled to say that I’m almost done filling in her fur.  She’s got pupils, so she’s looking a little less creepy.  :)   I was over at my friend’s house this weekend and spent a little time with Penny.  I took a closer look and realized that her eyes are actually much greener than the picture I’ve worked from.  So I will be correcting that as I complete work on her.  Once I’m done with her, I need to turn my attention to the bird and the feeder.  My goal is to finish this by the middle of the month, so that she’ll have a little over a month to dry before the auction.

Mermaid painting

I started this piece as a way to get used to painting in oils again after an eight month break from them.  Plus I have a bigger mermaid painting forming in my mind and this was a good way to work some things out.  About all I have left to do on this painting is to add some detail to her tail and touch up a spot or two on the water.  Then I’ll be listing her in my ArtFire shop.

Art-o-mat Sketches

I’ve also been sketching away, coming up with some fun new ideas for the Art-o-mat paintings.  I’m having such a good time indulging myself with all sorts of fun ideas.  I’m looking forward to getting the wood blocks so I can finally get it going.  :)   Some (especially ones that don’t make the cut for the Art-o-mat pieces) I’m even contemplating expanding and painting in a bigger format. Many thanks to my best friend Alicia who came up with many ideas for titles during our lunch this weekend.  I’m awful with titles and she’s such a fantastic writer.  I’m so blessed to have her input!

Art by auntie and her niece

Another fun thing about these tiny sketches?  Seeing the delightful drawings that my six-year-old niece comes up with when she sits down to copy them!  She’s been adding her own art to the pages and I love seeing her put her own twist on things.  Here she’s decided to copy one of my pictures, but to do it with a real bunny instead.  Love it!

So that’s the latest on things.  My main objective over the next week or two  is to get the cat done and set aside to dry and then to get the mermaid done and listed.  That way I’ll be free and clear when the blocks arrive.  Plus I have many other unfinished paintings to create and a Christmas project to continue doing.  Just wishing there was more time in the day to do all of it!

0 comments:

join the mailing list

Quirky Dame Designs's Fan Box

Followers

Networked Blogs

My Art Fire Shop

My Blog List