Fun With Flowers!

I have a Nikon Coolpix P80 that I hadn’t seen in months.  Maybe as long as a year.  I loved this camera – 10 megapixels with an 18x zoom.  So fun to play with it and I’ve really missed it.  I had a simple point and shoot that I’ve been using for pictures of my art to post on ArtFire, but recently I misplaced that, too.

I decided it was time to replace the Nikon.  I needed to list paintings in my store and I have a trip to Seattle and Hawaii coming up in November.  So I ordered a new one, a Kodak camera.  Unbelievable zoom and 14 megapixels.  The day after I ordered it, I found both of my other cameras.  Go figure.  :)


Thankfully, I was spared the hard decision of whether or not to keep the new camera, even though I knew I shouldn’t.  It came and I eagerly put it through it’s paces.  And it SUCKED.  I happily sent it back the next day.  I ordered a new battery charger for the old, beloved Nikon and was thrilled to receive that on Friday.

Today, I decided to pull out my Nikon and have a little fun.  It’s been months since I’ve been able to just play around and shoot hundreds of photos.  And I had forgotten how very much I loved doing it.  So I started out with birds.  We have a bird feeder outside the windows in our living room.  I spent 30 minutes crouched in the recliner, poised to grab a shot whenever I could.  I wished I could have opened the window so I didn’t have to shoot through it, but the birds were banging into it repeatedly today and they would’ve flown right into our house if I had.  :)   Here’s a few of the pictures I took:
 

Bird eating at feeder


Bird on top of feeder

That whetted my appetite.  My mother and decided to take a walk and knowing where we would be walking, I grabbed my camera and took it with me.  I knew we’d be around a lot of flowers and I thought it’d be the perfect chance to grab some pictures.  Try over 200 of them!  Thankfully, I have a very patient mother who was willing to sit and wait while I indulged myself.

Out of the 200+ pictures, so far I’ve gone through and edited 14 of them that are my favorites.  I’m going to take another look at the others, but I thought I’d share a few of them.

Flowers against the wall
Orange flower
Flower
And another flower!

If you’re interested in seeing the other 10 pictures, you can find them posted on my Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/quirkydamedesigns.  I could’ve taken hundreds more and I do plan on going back.  So many more flowers I didn’t even get to explore.  Hope you enjoyed seeing these!

1 comments:

Jess said...

Kodak cameras are great! The flower photos are gorgeous! :)

join the mailing list

Quirky Dame Designs's Fan Box

Followers

Networked Blogs

My Art Fire Shop

My Blog List