Work in Progress

So I took a bit of a break from the latest cat painting to do some work on the diptych paintings I am doing for my best friend.

Alicia, if you actually check this... DON'T LOOK!  :)

I'm a horrible friend.  We decided last year to do a piece of artwork as our present for each other.  She gave me a beautiful hand-painted mask.  I started a painting for her, but it went bad.  VERY BAD.  So, I'm doing the diptych paintings for her - one painting for last year, one for this year.  LOL!  Thank God I have a wonderful and very understanding best friend.  :)

I still have more work to do on these paintings, but it's off to a good start.  The background has a subtle golden shimmer to it that I just love and the sides are painted the same dark brown as on the design below.  I have to touch up some of the brown, then on the whirls and flowers and birds, I'll be adding flourishes of the burnt orange and gold from the background.



I think tomorrow after the Thanksgiving get-together with my family, I'll be settling down and working some more on both this painting and the one of the cat on the woman's head.  I really, really want to get the cat's face painted and then I need to sit down and get the woman's face painted.  I did an initial layer of the skin tone, but it just didn't come out right.  Hoping the second times the charm!

Wishing you all a very happy Thanksgiving!

Julie

2 comments:

mv said...

Alicia, if you are reading this, it means you didn't listen to your friend and LOOKED! LOL

Seriously, she's so lucky to be your friend Quirky Dame (and you hers of course)! Those paintings are really beautiful. I can't wait to see the pictures when you finish them. Make sure to add a well placed light to show the golden shimmer. That must be so awesome to look at!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Julie Behm said...

Thank you! Yes, that is the challenge, trying to take a decent picture that shows that shimmer. But I'm stubborn and will keep at it until I do! :)

join the mailing list

Quirky Dame Designs's Fan Box

Followers

Networked Blogs

My Art Fire Shop

My Blog List